Father's Day Gift Ideas

Father's Day is less than a week away.  Yikes!  I'm not sure what I'll be doing for my father, father-in-law, or husband this year...I better get on that!

Anyway, I thought I would share a couple of Father's Day gifts from years past:

I made this for my father-in-law last year:


My father-in-law used to play scrabble on the computer all the time.  I found this idea somewhere (if you know the origin of this idea, please let me know so I can give credit) but couldn't find any scrabble tiles.  I ended up finding printable scrabble tiles online.  I cut out all the fake tiles I needed, glued them on a black piece of card stock, & framed it.  Simple & sweet!

This is what I made for my dad last year:



This is a Wendy original!  To make this, I bought a plaque from Hobby Lobby for about $1.50.  I used some leftover stain around the edges.  Then, I printed a map from Map Quest from our address to my parent's address.  The big, blue line shows the path from our town to where my parents live.  I zoomed it out enough to have both my city & my dad's city fit on the plaque.  Then, I wadded up the map, painted it with watered down brown paint, & let it dry in the sun.  You can see a similar process here.  Once dry, I cut it to size & decoupaged it to the plaque.  Then, I added some stickers from Hobby Lobby to say, "don't forget your keys".  I also added a vintage camera sticker, a sticker near our hometown that says, "Wish you were here!" and an arrow sticker that points to where we live.  Then I had my husband drill pilot holes (I think that's what they're called) & screw in the hooks.  I love the way this turned out!

Below is a gift I made for my husband for Father's Day in 2006. 


I found this idea in an old MomSense Magazine.  To make this, I took a picture of my husband & son together (This was before my daughter was born.) and had a 5x7 printed in sepia.  Then, I took an 8x10 mat & painted it cream.  Once that dried, I used painters tape to make stripes and painted them tan.  Finally, I decoupaged the picture to the mat & wrote "Happy Father's Day 2006" below it.

So, there you have it!  Hopefully these ideas will inspire you.  Now, what are you doing for Father's Day?  I need some ideas fast!

Wendy


Joining these parties...
Show & Share at Just a Girl


  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...