Girl’s Bedroom Makeover: Pictures & Plans

Now that my son’s room is nearly finished, I decided to move on to make my daughter’s room more appealing.  It has pretty much been a disaster zone since we moved the full-sized bed out of the nursery & into her room nearly three years ago!  Want proof?

DSC_0854

It may not be obvious from the pictures, but the bedding is too small (& ripped & stained), there are only two working light bulbs in that fixture, & her nightstand is overflowing!  It is high time to address this mess!

Here are my plans:

OB-Elie's Room

The light fixture, bed, & dresser are staying.  Pretty much everything else is going.  The walls will be painted (probably Cosmic Rays or Honesty by Olympic Paints).  I plan on using a brass headboard I’ve had in the basement for a few years, along with plain white bedding & pillows that will bring in Elie’s favorite color, spring green.  The bed will be flanked with an Ikea Rast dresser (for added storage) & a white parsons desk & lucite chair.  We will add a couple of white shelves above the desk for even more storage.

DSC_0855

The windows will be dressed in pink curtains (Ikea Vivan perhaps?) & in the corner between the window & dresser will be a Tullsta chair.  We will test our DIY skills with a peace sign marquee above it.  Her dresser will get a makeover in a happy turquoise color & I may change out the mirror for one that can be hung vertically.

DSC_0856

The space between the two doors will be a gallery wall of special treasures & artwork.

DSC_0857

And it will all be finished in less than six weeks, thanks to the One Room Challenge Link Party, hosted by Linda from Calling It Home.



This will be my third time participating in the linking party.  I'm hoping to have the same success this time as I did with my kids' bathroom...




























Be sure to stop back next week for an update.  I hope to get a lot of shopping & painting finished this week!  You can see some of my inspiration as well as sources on my Pinterest board.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...