Turning Kid Collections into Decor

I believe we have exactly two free weekends between the end of basketball & the beginning of spring soccer!  This past weekend was one of them, so we decided to make the most of it by knocking a few items off the list.

As I have mentioned previously, my son is a collector.  Until recently, some of his cool collections were just sitting in his closet.  In order to inject more of his interests into his bedroom décor, I decided to use those collections as artwork for his walls.

First, I hot glued his collection of shark teeth onto a piece of black cardstock & framed it in a shadow box.  (I surrounded it with a couple of free printables found here & here.)

DSC_0842

Next, we used a couple of nails to mount his collection of state quarters.  (Just a few more to find…)

DSC_0844

My husband built two display boxes for some of his most special rocks.  (This was a lesson in patience for both of us!  Who would have thought making these would have been so frustrating!  Black paint & wood filler are hiding a multitude of problems!)  He made the ceramic owl in school art class.

DSC_0846

DSC_0847

Lastly, I framed a rock, two shells, & a postcard of rocks we got at a “rock mining” tourist trap.

DSC_0849

Who would have thought all those things stashed in his closet could look so cool up on his wall!

DSC_0850

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...