Home Tour: The Entry

After almost four years of blogging, I am finally putting together a legitimate home tour for you all!  In November, my husband bought me an early Christmas present: A DSLR camera!  Since I finally have a camera that takes quality photos, I figured it was time I re-take pictures of all the decorated spaces in our house to create a tour.  When I have re-revealed all the spaces, I will make a “Home Tour” tab at the top of the page.

I figured the tour should start in the entryway, but first, here is an older (non-DSLR) picture of the exterior:



I took this picture after we painted the front door black & added some new lighting outside.

Entry Table

When you step inside, you’ll be greeted with this cheerful dresser (The color in the image above isn’t very accurate.  It’s more of a gray/blue color than a baby blue!) and a sea of linoleum, that we will hopefully be replacing with hardwood flooring in the next few years.

Entry Table Styling

I printed off some stock images of doors to create some unique art for the entry.

Entryway Art

We painted the walls, Toasted Almond, by Olympic & added chair rail & wainscoting to make the entry feel more formal.  Someday I hope to have a prettier door, but for now the black paint dresses it up a bit.

Front Door

I made some more art with pictures of our first & current home on the waterlogue app.  (I don’t know why this picture turned out so blurry… Obviously I am still trying to figure out my camera!)

DSC_0599

Another project still on the list for this space is to add some different newel posts & stain the orange-y oak railings a darker color.

Stairway

Here are a couple of pictures of the upstairs hallway.  Not all that interesting, but it gives you an idea of the layout.

Upstairs Hallway

DSC_0616

DSC_0610

To see links to all the projects for this space, click here.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I’ll be back Thursday with an updated tour of our study!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...