Our New Danbury Sofas Are Here!

I have been holding my breath over these sofas since October 7th (to be exact)!  We have had some highs & lows over the past three months, & I was terrified they would arrive & I would hate them, since I bought them online without seeing them in person or sitting on them! 

JCP Danbury Sofa

We ended up purchasing two Danbury sofas in Buckwheat, using velvet fabric.  The color is beautiful (not too brownish or yellowish) & the fabric is very soft & doesn't leave butt marks after being sat on!  My kids were a little hesitant to get new sofas, since they really liked rough housing on our old ones, but they love how soft & cozy they were once they sat down.

Danbury Sofa in Buckwheat

There were a couple of problems once they arrived.  First, the seam in one back pillow had come undone.  I quickly fixed the problem with a needle & thread.  I believe the delivery drivers had slightly dirty hands when they handled the sofas & I did notice about three dirty finger marks.  I’m pretty sure they will clean off with water, but the spots aren't that noticeable & I’m too scared to clean them for fear of making a bigger mess!

Velvet Sofa

Despite the un-sewn seam, I do feel like these sofas are pretty solid & will hold up well to the wear & tear of daily use (& abuse) by the kids.

JC Penney Sofa

Having these new sofas has created a slight problem for me.  I have been tiring of the blue & gold for a while now (you know, maybe a week…) & am getting the itch to re-paint & accessorize.  This means, a few new pieces of furniture & possibly built-ins on the fireplace wall.  (Of course, I will have to sweet talk these ideas to my husband!)  On Wednesday, I’ll show you some of my ideas for the space, which more than likely will take a long, long time to come to fruition!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...