Touches of Fall

Here are some simple touches I added to our home's decor to recognize the autumn season...

{Front Stoop}

It finally stopped raining long enough to get some decent pictures of the front porch.  I made another corn husk wreath inspired by Vanessa At The Picket Fence.  I also replaced the dead plants in my urns with some beautiful yellow mums.  I promise I'm going to water these! (Although, I may not have to worry about it with all the rain we've been getting lately!)  The final touch was a couple of pumpkins.  Nothing says fall to me like the colors red, yellow, & orange.


Besides the fall mantle, I also added a few seasonal touches to the interior of our home.

{Family Room}

In the family room, I replaced a green moss ball with a raffia pumpkin & added a stem of purple berries to the vase on the toy self behind it.

{Morning Room}

I had a hard time coming up with a fall centerpiece for the kitchen table.  I finally settled on adding a pumpkin to a white bowl & adding some peach & orange berries around it.  I also added some more glittery Dollar Tree pumpkins to the candle holders.

{Kitchen}

I bought a bag of fall produce that I thought I would use for either the mantle or the table.  After deciding I didn't like it in either of those places, I added some burlap to the bottom of our fruit basket in the kitchen & arranged the pumpkins & squash on top.  This turned out to be the perfect place for them!

I did add a few other pumpkins around the house...not exciting enough for pictures though!  I hope you enjoyed our touches of fall!

Wendy

Sharing here:

Door Decor Party at Southern Hospitality

     Photobucket    The DIY Show Off

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...