House Blessings

When the walls of our house were being framed, my husband & I snuck inside & wrote scriptures & blessings on the framework of each room.  It's an idea I remember Lisa Whelchel writing about in a Bible study I had done. 

We spent a few hours coming up with scriptures that we felt fit with the purpose of the room & gave tidbits of wisdom or blessing.  Then, we took a sharpie & graffitied the boards that held our walls together with God's words. 

Here's what we came up with:

Entryway (written above the front door)


And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart and you shall teach them...to your children & shall talk of them when you sit in your house & when you walk by the way, & when you lie down & when you rise...& you shall write them on the doorposts of your house & on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9

Living Room
How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to Your word.
Psalm 119:9

Dining Room
Behold I stand at the door & knock.  If anyone hears my voice & opens the door I will come into him & eat with him & he with me.
Revelations 3:20

Kitchen
Do not neglect to show hospitality to angels for thereby some have entertained angels unaware.
Hebrews 13:2

Morning Room
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

Family Room
Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
Psalm 62:5

How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?  Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Psalm 19:12

But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, & the blood of Jesus, his son, cleanses us from every sin.
1 John 1:7

Laundry Room (has door to outside)
For this world is not our home, we are looking forward to our city in Heaven, which is yet to come.
Hebrews 13:14

Garage
The Lord will watch over your coming & your going both now & forevermore.
Psalm 121:8

Study
By wisdom a house is built & through understanding it is established.  By knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious & pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3

Steps
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God.  Go near to listen...
Ecclesiastes 5:1

Bedrooms
Surely goodness & love will follow me all the days of my life & I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6

Master Bedroom
He who dwells in the shelter of the most high, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty will say to the Lord, "My refuge & my fortress; My God in whom I trust."
Psalms 91:1-2

Bathrooms
Better is one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil & chasing after the wind.
Ecclesiastes 4:6

It is my hope that all who enter this home will be surrounded by God's eternal love & wisdom.

Have you ever done this during construction or remodeling?  If so, I'd love to hear what scriptures you chose!

Sharing here:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...