Pretty In Pink

What should have only taken a week to tweak is finally finished (after a few more weeks & tweaks than first expected!)…

Welcome to my daughter’s pretty in pink on pink on pink bedroom:

Let’s take a closer look at some of the details…

I designed Eliana’s nightstand to also be used as a vanity.  The mirror was a $6 find from Family Dollar that I spray painted silver.  I spruced up the lamp & displayed some of Elie’s finest jewelry on the necklace stand.  The shelf below holds some of her favorite princess books as well as a jewelry box & hatbox full of the rest of her jewelry collection!
I added some trim and a bow to the mosquito netting to add a little more glamour to it.  My husband built the headboard (more on that in another post…) and I made lots of pillows to accompany the bedding.  I found it a couple of years ago on Overstock.


The other side of the bed houses some favorite bedtime stories & a chair for reading.  I recently changed the artwork, which is printed from Graphics Fairy and transformed some unused artwork into a chalkboard.   
My mom made both the pink gingham curtains & the white panels.  The panels were made from a twin flat sheet.

Here is the other side of the room. 

Elie has had many tea parties at her Raggedy Ann & Andy table.  The table was a perfect fit for the room as it has scalloping under the top (which mimics the walls & curtains) and pink painted gingham on the table & chair tops (the curtains, pillows, & bedskirt are also pink gingham).  It came from Toys R’ Us a few years ago.

 We recently added the shelf & accessories.  The frog prince is one of my favorite accessories in the room.  I found it for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I might have paid $5 for it!

The dresser recently got new knobs and accessories.  You can read about the lamp here.

I also love this cute princess piggy bank, which I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I recently painted the paper mache boxes, added pink & white polka dotted ribbon as trim, & tied them with a pink bow.
     
Here’s another angle in the room.  You can see the paper doll art, dollhouse, & ribbon stool that I posted about.  I love her pretty ballet costume hanging on the wall & can't wait for her June recital!


To create the scallop border, I cut the shape out of cardboard & traced it around the room.  Then I painted around it.  When my husband came home his first response was, “Looks like a pink ocean!”.  Since that was NOT the look I was going for, I decided to add some jewels (with sticky tack) to give it more of a “crown” look!
Here's one more peek before you go!

The DIY Show Off My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia    Photobucket    Weekend Bloggy Reading   

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...