2011 Summer Projects

My husband is a teacher, so naturally during the summer we I try to narrow down our project list while he has a little extra time.  Here are some of the projects I really hope we can tackle before summer ends:

Interior

1. Put finishing touches on the morning room.  (Refinish table, re-cover chairs, paint secretary, install light, & curtains...)

{in progress}

2. Paint & decorate the master bedroom.

{needs work!}

3. Decorate dining room.  (This will include painting, adding chair rail & paneling, window treatments, chair covers, & fixing up the ram shackled furniture I bought off Craigslist!)

{Blah}

4. Paint & decorate the entryway & hallways.  (This will include a new rug, chair, entry table, & live topiary...hopefully!)

{I'm getting REALLY tired of these dirty white walls!}

5. Paint & organize garage.  (I'm actually really excited about this project!  I've got some great garage storage tips to share with you!  Stay tuned!)

{Just keepin' it real!}

Exterior

1. Fix up front landscaping.  (Add a retaining wall, tree, bushes, annuals, & mulch.)

{We NEED a retaining wall...still trying to convince my husband!}

2. Stain deck & add flower boxes.

{This was my husband's BIG project last summer.  I'm so proud of him for designing & building it himself!}

3. Add a patio & storage closet under the deck.  (We also plan on doing some concrete work to widen the driveway & add a basketball goal.)

{in progress}

4. Clear out (some) brush & dead trees from the woods.  Add a swing, sandbox, & path to the creek.}

{Who wants to come help?  Any takers?}

5. Remove the shutters on the arched window.

{These have made me "shudder" since before we started building!}

So, there you have it, the ugly truth. (I can't believe I actually showed you some of those pictures!)  I'm really hoping we can accomplish these projects, but realistically we probably won't.  (Don't tell my husband I actually admitted that!)

Mixed in between all the hard work, we plan on having a little fun too!  Each year we come up with family adventures.  Some of this year's adventures include a vacation to Georgia, farms, amusement parks, museums, bike trails, aquariums, camping, canoeing, & of course lots of R&R at the pool!

Want to keep up with all the projects?  Follow along & I will add before & after pictures as we conquer our massive summer project list!

So, what are you up to this summer?

Wendy








I'll be linking here:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia   

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...